Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sleeping and Eating

Today, I managed to sleep and eat with minimal amounts of movement in between.

I slept until 2:30PM. Yes, you read that correctly. I woke up covered in hives and sneezing around 0830, so I popped a Benadryl and laid back down. Aside from times when I was sick, I cannot recall the last time I slept for 14 hours. Pretty impressive. I woke up, showered, and then went to the Padres game with my cousins (we won!). We walked a few blocks and I walked around at the game, but aside from that, no exercise. I did not indulge in beer or fatty snacks, but I did have a glass of wine. After the game, we rented movies and ate froyo at Golden Spoon. I'm pretty OK with my food choices for today. I ate...

2 cups of chocolate Cheerios (I actually measured; I'd considered only having 1 cup but I was super hungry this morning) with skim milk
1 pasta Lean Cuisine
1 of Cousin Carolyn's Coke (I always drink diet, BUT I was in dire need of caffeine after I woke up from my 14-hour snoozefest)
1 weight watchers ice cream snicker bar (SO GOOD and only 3 ww points)
1 glass of Chardonnay
1 massive diet Coke at the game
1 small chocolate-and-cheesecake froyo with brownie bits and almonds
1/2 bag microwave popcorn
1 glass of crystal lite

No fruits or veggies. Wow. Way to not work in any reasonable amount of nutrition into your diet, Jen! Hmmm. Need improvement. As does my exercise (rather, lackthereof).

Aside from clothes not fitting anymore, what's really bothering me is how out of breath I feel. I started training for a bike event with my coworkers and I was SO out of breath during our ride and the slowest one. I went to the Padres game the other night and was out of breath just walking up to our seats in the stadium. Granted, I do suffer from asthma, but this is not really asthma; this is me being completely out of shape. It's so uncomfortable, embarrassing, and a little scary.

I'm only 30 years old. I shouldn't feel this terrible at my age. My eating habits could use some work, but it's not like I'm pounding down Bud and shoving Fritos in my mouth, ya know? I eat tofu and drink skim milk. Aside from the lack of fruit and veggies in my diet as of late, and maybe a little too much froyo, I think I'm OK. But this lack of exercise is ridiculous. I'm such a Slothbeast with a wicked case of SecretaryAss! ENOUGH.

Ok, enough self loathing, too. I do like my shape. I just want to feel strong and healthy.

I'm sharing pictures of me at my heaviest (near 280 at age 23) and lowest (150s at age 29):







No comments: