Thursday, July 15, 2010

On the Plus Side

As painful as these past ten days have been orally, I have to believe the pain I'm enduring will lead to weight loss.

I'll spare you the details, but what was supposed to be a filling for a minor cavity has turned into multiple procedures with another on the way. I've been eating soft foods and drinking a lot of liquid meals. This has made me very very very grumpy.

I've been drinking Ensure (courtesy of my boss who, I think, just wanted to feed me to stop whining--bless him, and everyone else in the office, for enduring me this week), Carnation Instant breakfast, and Slimfast. I are Panera's broccoli cheddar soup this week on two occasions, with little bread balls rolled up and sopped up in the soup. Yesterday I ate pasta and today I ate rice and more pasta (chewing on the non-sore side, of course).

Ok, so maybe too many carbs. Oh well, scales will tell.

Okay, these are valid excuses for not working: unbelievable pain on Tuesday, then dental procedures both yesterday and today have just left me nauseated and icky. My life sucks enough with not eating what I want and being in pain.

Too much salt. Waaay too much salt. I don't think I've eaten a single fresh thing this week. Gross.

Ok, progress is slow, but steady.

No comments: