Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sloth.

Less than a year ago, I would go running on my lunch break. Six months ago, I joined a very upscale and expensive gym solely because I thought the cost would motivate me to attend. I haven't been in two months. The last time I exercised was nearly two weeks ago when I huffed and puffed my way through a nine-mile bike ride with coworkers.

Mortifying. Embarrassing. I always have a terrific excuse for not exercising. When did I--the girl who'd run three miles religiously every day--become so slothy?

I can't blame San Diego. Try as I might, I can't. Denver, yes, was the pinnacle of my personal health.

How did this girl...








...become such a sloth?

Denver was different because everyone there knew me as Thin Jen. I had the thin beautiful friends who ALWAYS wanted to go for a hike, a bike ride, kayaking, skiing, you name it! Here, I hang out with my friends who have always known me as Fat Jen. They all have children and are overweight, too, and don't have the time or interest to exercise.

My boyfriend in Denver was also incredibly athletic and outdoorsy.

Here, well, I don't have that. I haven't really sought it out either. The biking-with-coworkers thing is a step in the right direction. But completely embarrassing when I'm huffing and puffing.

Enough bitching and excuses.

Tomorrow: gym.

I used to kick ass at cardio. No more huffing and puffing for this lady!

Enough being out of breath from walking up the stairs. Enough!

I also need to monitor my sodium intake. I have high blood pressure and take a prescription diuretic (at my peak, my BP averaged 168/118, which is INCREDIBLY HIGH), so I really need to monitor sodium. Really difficult not to eat fresh when I do this. The whole Lean Cuisine and pre-packaged dinners doesn't work for me. I've been indulging in a few lazy meals (Lean Cuisine) as of late and I can feel the difference.

I hate not eating fresh. I love fruits and veggies. Like a whole lot. Mmmm. Salads make me so happy.

I digress.

Okay, food log :-)

I was good on July 4th with food, but bad with alcohol. I grilled up seabass, veggie skewers, and corn...but then split a bottle of champagne AND a bottle of wine with my Mom. Yikes! It seemed like a good idea at the time...?

A bottle of champagne has 500 calories, and I assume wine is about that. So, 500 calories in alcohol alone. Yikes.

Today I ate:

1 bowl of chocolate cheerios with skim milk (200 calories)
2 Zone chocolate&pecan protein bars (the lobster ravioli Lean Cuisine I brought was far too disgusting to eat, so I ate one for lunch, and one for snack) (420 calories)
1 veggie pita burger from Daphne's (540 calories--holy crap! No wonder it's so delicious!)
1 side salad from Daphne's (295 calories! Dude, this makes my dinner over 800 calories!)
1/4 mini bundt cake for coworker's bday (maybe 150 calories tops)
1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese (40 calories)

Total today...1,645.

About 145 more than I should be eating.

Imagine how quickly I'll lose weight if I just exercise!

I actually took the time to make my lunch tonight: whole wheat pasta with veggies and a veggie burger. And I even made a raspberry sauce to go on my morning oatmeal (raspberries, water and splenda all boiled down together).

I can't wait to begin losing weight! Such an awesome feeling, for sure!

And to not be out of breath when I walk up the stairs.

No comments: